I upgraded from 5.2.1 to 5.3.23 recently to get a fix for the bug in vchkpw
that stopped the authdaemond authentication working.  I found that vadduser
has a segmentation fault when I try to add a user (no switchs used).  By
not giving the password as a parameter I find that it waits until I press
return after entering the password a second time before segfaulting.  I
also found that vadduser does the same thing (and I suspect so will
vmoduser and vdeluser).

Configuration switches used to build it were:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
  --enable-tcp-server-file=/var/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp \
  --enable-tcp-rules-prog=/usr/bin/tcprules \
  --enable-roaming-users=y \
  --enable-relay-clear=30

Due to a setup I inherited which I'm reluctant to change, the original
vpopmail installation of a much earlier version has /home/vpopmail
specified as the home directory but /home/vpopmail is actually a symlink
to /var/vpopmail, with anything that has to refer to the vpopmail
directory using /home/vpopmail (I know it's not efficient, but the
guy who did that install had done almost all of it with vpopmail
living in /home/vpopmail when the boss told him he wanted the mail
stored on /var because it was a much bigger partition).  I mention
the symlink just in case it has a bearing on the issue.

I see from the changelog that in 5.3.17 a change was made in vcdb.c
to stop vadduser dumping core if the -s switch is used, and I suspect
that might have introduced a bug (although if I do use the -s switch
it still segfaults on me).

For now I've copied over the 5.2.1 versions of vadduser, vadddomain,
vmoduser and vdeluser (I don't know what vdeloldusers is for and there
doesn't seem to be any documentation about it) and hope that there are
no subtle incompatibilities.

Any ideas (better still, fixes) would be appreciated.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support