On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 07:47 AM, Steven Job wrote:
I am able to set the qmailadmin limits (using the mysql version) but it
doesn't seem to work the way I thought.
I have set the disable_pop to 1 and the disable_webmail to 1 and the
disable_relay to 1 and I don't see any difference in how it acts.

The users in that domain can still receive pop mail, use webmail, and
relay.

Proper support for domain limits are still under development. The code exists in vpopmail 5.3.25 and 5.3.26 but has been temporarily disabled due to the following problem:

If vpopmail applies domain limits onto the user's limits, and then you make any change to the user (even changing the password), the user will inherit the current domain limits.

So, for example, if you temporarily add a domain limit of disable_webmail for some reason, and one of the users in the domain changes their password, they'll still have disable_webmail set even if you clear it for the domain.

We're working on a solution, but we're not sure of the exact implementation. We either have to change all bits of code that check whether a user has access to do something, or change all bits of code that could modify a user's account information.

My guess is that we need to change the pwd structure to have a "user limits" and "effective limits" fields, then go through an update everything that checks limits to use the effective limits field.

Take a look at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/ index.php?func=detail&aid=795688&group_id=85937&atid=577798 for continued discussion of this issue.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]