You could potentially code in a multiple call update from vpopmail to some IFDEF'd in mysql servers.
I'm thinking that you could make certain update calls to as many MySQL servers as you wanted, sending the same SQL statement to each.

I imagine some critical thinking in the process could lead to judgement on what would be the "essential" updates to "multi-home" and which updates could be written to the "master" for later replication.

My $0.02USD, before taxes.

Doug Clements wrote:

Greetings,
I've got a working mysql and vpopmail setup going, with replication support. For those that don't know, replication support in vpopmail means that all updates go to a single server, where lookups can be sent to another server. I have a local copy of the replicated database on each machine to spread the load out and to be more robust in the face of other machine failure. Unfortunately, this makes each machine dependant on the mysql update server, since each login triggers an update to the lastauth table. How have other people solved this, without just disabling mysql logging? Has anyone used any of the more rare multiple-master ring topologys in mysql to let each server update?
I really don't want to setup a dedicated "mysql server" just to handle updates like this. I'm also planning to start using spamassassin mysql preferences, so I'd like any server to be able to update the database with user preferences, and the change replicate around. Does anyone have any input on this? Anyone use squirrelmail with their preferences in the database as well?
Thanks!

--Doug