> Hi,
>
> Im running vpopmail-5.3.20 on freebsd-4.8. I have problem logging in as
"user" instead i have to use "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" to
> successfully login. I know it is a default domain prob so i placed
>
> #echo "domain.com" > /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/defaultdomain
>
> and i rebooted my machine but its still the same. No changes. What could i
do to fix this? I read thru this mailing list for
> solutions and one guy solved this solution but he didnt post how he got it
to work. Please advise.

The syntax that you quote is only for use with vpopmail-5.3.25 and later

If you are using vpopmail-5.3.20, you need to use the configure script's
"--enable-default-domain=domain.com" setting

Michael.