On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 01:06 PM, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
mr. varshavchik addressed this on the sqwebmail mailing list:

it's a lovely little rant.

Does someone have an email address for him? I'm trying [EMAIL PROTECTED], hopefully it will get to him.

It would be nice to let him know that the current dev version of vpopmail addresses both of his concerns.

As of vpopmail 5.3.8, the buffers are cleared properly and the authdaemon has worked just fine. A beta 5.2.2 release is on SourceForge with the same fix in place.

As of vpopmail 5.3.27, mysql login information is stored in an external file and libvpopmail has 644 permissions, making it possible to link it into courier-imap without having to run as root.

If there are any further problems that prevent courier-imap from working with vpopmail, we'd love to hear about them (either here or via bug reports to the SourceForge project).

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]