Run the patch against the source of ucspi-tcp-0.88 and then install it
again.
Then create a file called 'sql' in the qmail control dir with the following
layout

server  localhost
port    3306
database        vpopmail
table   relay
user    vpopmailuser
pass    vpopmailpassword
time    1800

Add the -S switch to your qmail-smtpd script and restart the servers.

You should now be running off the relay table in your database.

cheers

Shane