Hello Florian,

On Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 3:04:41 PM you wrote (at least in
part):

> is it possible that vchkpw locks an account after - let's say - 5
> password failures to prevent brute-force attacks?

No, it is not, unless somebody writes the necessary code that
- remembers count failed logins
- resets this count to zero when a successful login appears
- better remembers the time of last failed login too, so a
  + two times I failed yesterday and gave up
  + one time I had a typo in my password today (after I finally
    remembered it)
  does not necessarily count as three fails and locks the account.

So ... Florian: if you like and need this feature: UTSL, go ahead and
improve vpopmail ... The community will thank you :-)
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

Small change can often be found under seat cushions.