On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 11:11 AM, Todd Charron wrote:
An strace of this reveals that it's trying to chdir to the build directory
which doesn't exist (different machine). This seems to be a very
non-portable build method to me, or am I missing something?

You are correct, it is not very portable.

Should the code be updated to look up ~vpopmail instead of using a hard-coded pathname in the binaries? The various tools need to know the full path to the vdelivermail binary, the /etc directory and the domains directory.

Note that if someone performs an install, runs for awhile, and then tries to change the home directory, they'll run into numerous problems (because the expanded ~vpopmail path is in users/assign, all .qmail-default files, and intertwined in ezmlm configuration files).

I would like to improve on vpopmail's portability as much as possible. If anyone can make recommendations (or even better, submit tested patches), we'll try to integrate them into future releases.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]