> On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 10:52  AM, Russell Mann wrote:
> > Finally fixed the vpopmail 5.3.27 + mysql non-working issue (see
> > previous
> > posts).  In trying to track this down I've come across some other
> > problems.
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] new.bin]# ./vadddomain media.khouse.org
> > Please enter password for postmaster:
> > enter password again:
> > Error: Domain already exists
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] new.bin]#
> >
> > Domain already exists eh?
> > media.khouse.org not found in:
> > ~vpopmail/domains/*
> > /var/qmail/users/assign
> > /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
> > /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
> >
> > Whats up with that?
>
> Is it still in the MySQL database?

Nope, I dropped it manually.

> > By the way, this is how I fixed the mysql issue:
> >
> > After this, I made some changes to ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
> > I went from two lines to one line, and gave the one line user these
> > permissions:
> >
> > SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE
>
> Hmm.  This is good to know.  What happens if you use the same login
> information on both lines?  Does it still work?

With one simple test it seems to work.  I didn't try anything but popping
in, as this is a production box.

> There's a chance that part of the auth module is opening a read
> connection when it should be opening an update connection.

This is what I suspected, but I'm not familiar enough with this code base to
track down which exact line it is.  I was getting a sql error[3] which is
always listed as a read open.