On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 03:12 AM, Sébastien FOUTREL wrote:
Hello I installed a QMAIL + Vpopmail + courier-imap + Qmailadmin + MySql
from this page : http://sylvestre.ledru.info/howto/howto_qmail_vpopmail.php
I configure the vpopmail to use mysql and tried accessing to mysql from bash
with the user/pass used by vpopmail. It worked.
but after compiling and installing vpop when I try to do a vadddomain or
vadduser I always got a :
qmail-newu: fatal: bad format in users/assign
vmysql: sql error[3]: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to
database 'vpopmail'
Error: Domain does not exist

If your users/assign file is corrupted, it could cause many parts of vpopmail to fail. You need to edit it and fix any problems, and then run qmail-newu to regenerate users/cdb. Note that users/assign should end with a line that contains a single period.

What version of vpopmail are you using? New versions store mysql login settings in ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql. Older versions required you to edit the vmysql.h file to insert the username and password. Make sure the login information is set properly in vmysql.h before building vpopmail.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Note: The Tom Logic offices will be closed October 23 to November 18.