----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 7:08 PM
Subject: [vchkpw] vmoduser fails with --enable-postgres=y

Hello list,

I think I've found a bug with vpopmail (5.3.28) + postgresql (7.3).

I have a working installation of qmail+vpopmail that sends and receives emails correctly, but whenever I try to modify an user account i get this error:

mystique:~# /var/external/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain test2.com lalala
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'vpopmail_pkey' for table 'vpopmail
'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index 'vpopmail_id_key' for table 'vpopmail'
mystique:~# /var/external/vpopmail/bin/vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] lalala
mystique:~# /var/external/vpopmail/bin/vmoduser -C lelele [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Error. Domain  was not found in the assign file

Notice the blank space after "Domain".

Vpopmail configure line:

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/external --enable-postgres=y --enable-roaming-users=y --enable-pgsql-logging=y --enable-clear-passwd=y [EMAIL PROTECTED] --enable-vpopuser=vpopexternal

System = debian stable + linux 2.6.0-test6.
Qmail has maildir++ patch applied and qmailqueue patch. Apart from that its a clean installation.

I took a look at this

It is definitely a bug. The limits code in pgsql.c's vauth_getpw() is trying to use a malloc'ed var "in_domain" after it has been free'ed.

I opened a tracker on sourceforge for it [822175]

Michael.