On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 14:41, Sigmund Gudvangen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just done a fresh install of qmail and vpopmail, on Mandrake 9.1,
> following Dave Sill, http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html for the qmail
> installation. qmail is running fine; i.e. all four daemons are running and
> inst_check reports that all is well.
>
> I also managed to install vpopmail and add domains and users. Booth messages
> injected locally (using qmail-inject) and incomming messages via smtp (from
> KMail on another machine) duely arrive in the appropriate Maildir/new.
>
> However, when I attempt to send to an extern email-address (from KMail) qmail
> responds with the error message: "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of
> allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1.)".
>
> OK, the messaage is from qmail, but I think it is related to vpopmail, as I
> also have qmail (without vpopmail) running on another PC, and on with that
> machine I have no problems sending to external addresses.
>
> I installed vpopmail as follows:
> ./configure --enable-file-sync=y --enable-roaming-users=y
> make
> make install-strip
>
> and put
>
> 10.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT
> 192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT
>
> into /etc/tcp.smtp and added
>
> 40 * * * * /home/vpopmail/bin/clearopensmtp 2>&1 /dev/null
>
> to crontab.
>
> The last response to
> [vchkpw] smtp;553 sorry, sorry, that domain isn't allowed relay (#5.7.1)
> i.e
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg14771.html
> suggest putting
> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT
> into /etc/tcp.smtp
> I have also tried that, but it didn't make any difference.
>
> Booth the above response and the vpopmail install instructions mention
> /etc/tcp.smtp,
> but I can find anything about /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
> What's the latter for?
>
> Any ideas what's wrong?
>
> Regards
> Sigmund.

edit /etc/tcp.smtp and add   127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
then issue 'qmailctl cdb'
Then issue 'qmailctl stop'
then '/home/vpopmail/bin/clearopensmtp'
now issue 'qmailctl start'

Try sending to remote users now and let us know.

Dee

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)          | Affordable E-Mail and Internet Solutions
Alaska Wireless Systems     | for Schools, Libraries, Clinics & Business'