On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 04:14 PM, Russell Mann wrote:
On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 09:55 AM, Russell Mann wrote:
When a Mac OS X "Mail.app" client POP's in for mail, I always get an
log message like this:

vchkpw-pop3: password fail (pass: 'd502e3b49fb33d7f7d419d469b51a5a0')

Have them launch Mail.app, go into "Preferences", select "Accounts", go
to the "Advanced" tab and check the "Authentication" popup. I'm able
to use MD5 Challenge-Response or Password on my system. See if they
have it set to one of the Kerberos options. Or, if it's set to MD5,
have them try Password.

I checked the Authentication preferences. They were already set to
"password." I set them to "MD5" to see what happens and the MUA wasn't able
to POP in.

Any other ideas?

What version of vpopmail are you using, and which POP3 server?

Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Note: The Tom Logic offices will be closed October 23 to November 18.