From: Don Walters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: [vchkpw] vpopmail uid/gid 89

Can somebody explain what I need to do in order to change the uid/gid
vpopmail to something other than 89.89.  I have poured over the archives

looking for a way, but I can't find anything that explains how.  Is
some special reason it needs to be 89?

I have tried going into some of the config files and I found a couple of

places where it specifies 89.89 for the uid/gid.  I have even tried
these to what I want them to be, but now my qmail isn't working.
Looking at
some of my files, I discovered some of them are owned by user 89 and
89, so I have changed those to vpopmail.vchkpw.  And of course, I have
changed /etc/passwd && /etc/group to reflect the uid/gid I want to use.
there something I am missing?

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!