On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 10:22 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
Hi Folks,
So I've been using 5.3.20 vpopmail and a more recent version of qmail admin. A client has set their mail to delete in qmailadmin, and it does the following in the log file:

You should switch to an even more recent version of qmailadmin. The current versions use /bin/true (or equivalent) instead of vdelivermail for the delete option. Using vdelivermail was incorrect behavior, and resulted in the problems you've seen (mail looping through infinite calls to vdelivermail).

I think we've been using

|/bin/true delete

As the replacement -- the delete is in there so qmailadmin can detect it later. Once people start using more recent versions of vpopmail, we can replace it with "# delete". vpopmail 5.3.20 can't handle comments in .qmail files.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Note: The Tom Logic offices will be closed through November 18.