The --enable-spam-command support in qmailadmin 1.0.29 puts the maildrop line at the end of the .qmail file after all forwards and autoresponders.

I'm just asking because I don't know, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the spam line /first/ so any emails suspected as being spam can be disgarded before any forwards or autoresponders get invoked?

The reason I ask is I'm putting together a custom challenge/response spam system that puts the suspected spam messages in a Maildir (instead of an invisible waiting queue) and bases it's whitelist on a squirrelmail addresbook. In this scenario, I want the spam challenge processing to happen first before any forwards or autoresponders.

DTLink Software
FieldPost Business Email
Nuts and Bolts Interactive, Inc.