I've got an existing qmail installation (installed according to LWQ).  I've
got the SMTP AUTH patch from
http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/.

Currently, I'm processing the mail for several domains on the box, using
system accounts for all users (of which there are 7 -- it's a personal box).
This means that all users have email addresses on all of the domains that
this box serves (of which there are 5).  They generally only give one of
them out, though.

I'd like to start handling email for yet another domain, but I'd like to
start separating the user accounts.

The machine handles SMTP (using SMTP AUTH for roaming users) and POP3.  It
also hosts several top-level (/var/qmail/alias) mailing lists (using
ezmlm-idx).  I'd like to add IMAP.

So, I'm thinking of installing vpopmail to do this.  I have some questions:

1. Can I install it incrementally?
   I'd like to break as little as possible.
   Can I install it solely for the new domain,
   and then gradually migrate the other domains across?

2. Can I use the vchkpw program with the SMTP AUTH patch?
   Currently I'm using cmd5checkpw from
   http://members.elysium.pl/brush/cmd5checkpw/.

3. Can I use the vchkpw program with BincIMAP?
   This is the IMAP server that I'm currently investigating.

4. Is it easy to use the CDB authentication?  With only 7 or so users,
   it seems like overkill to use mysql.

Cheers,
Roger.