Hélio Rubens Kamogawa wrote:

Hi all!

I am implementing smtp authentication. I've alredy applied the patch on

qmail, and configured my supervise with the following:

<snip>

As you can see, the qmailduid and nofilesgid are both set to vpopmail uid and gid. That is what allows me to authenticate users using vchkpw. But at the same time, my qmail-smtpd run as vpopmail. That's a problem, once vpopmail can't write log (qmaill:nofiles) neither on the queue (qmailq:qmail), generating log entries like:

<snip>

Regards,

Hélio Rubens Kamogawa
Central Server
http://www.centralserver.com.br
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+55 41 324-1993

Since qmail-pop3d runs as root to be able to use vchkpw i just run qmail-smtpd as root as well. Not a whole lot that can be done, other than possibly running the entire vpopmail setup under the qmail gid and uid.