From: Brad Davis
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Sent: 12/5/2003 10:13 PM
Subject: Vpopmail 5.3.29 -> 5.3.30 vchkpw changes/SMTP AUTH Problem

Hello,

I'm using qmail with the SMTP AUTH & TLS patch and it has been working
fine, until today. Today I upgraded from 5.3.29 to 5.3.30. Has anyone
else noticed a problem with this? The only change I now about to vchkpw
was the fixing of the roaming users support. Did this have negative
affects on SMTP AUTH? My POP3 authorizations are working fine.

This is what I see in my maillog:
Dec  5 22:57:30 h1 vpopmail[18073]: vchkpw-smtp: vpopmail user not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:24.8.51.x

My tcpserver line looks like this (its run under supervise):
tcpserver -v -x/usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u82 -g81 <ip> smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd <fqdn> /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/usr/bin/true 2>&1

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad Davis