On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 10:08, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 09:17, Jacob S. wrote:
> > Ok, I'm having trouble getting qmail's QUEUE_EXTRA feature and vpopmail
> > to play well together.
> >
> > Can someone remind me how /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail could be
> > abused if it were chmod u+s vpopmail:vchkpw?
>
> why on earth would you want to setuid it?  qmail-lspawn setuid's then
> spawns qmail-local to handle the delivery.  there's no need to setuid
> it.

forgot to add, if the user qmail-local is trying to deliver to doesn't
own the directory, it won't deliver to it, period.  It won't even pass
it off for program delivery, so putting setuid bit on there is
pointless.

see 'man qmail-local' for more information.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator