On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:08:26 -0600
Jeremy Kitchen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 09:17, Jacob S. wrote:
> > Ok, I'm having trouble getting qmail's QUEUE_EXTRA feature and
> > vpopmail to play well together.
> >
> > Can someone remind me how /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail could be
> > abused if it were chmod u+s vpopmail:vchkpw?
>
> why on earth would you want to setuid it?  qmail-lspawn setuid's then
> spawns qmail-local to handle the delivery.  there's no need to setuid
> it.

Because I'm not getting it to work that easily.

> If you want to make queue-extra deliver to a vpopmail mailbox, tell it
> to deliver to domain.com-youruser and the qmail-users/vpopmail will
> handle the rest.

I wish it would. I've tried setting queue_extra to
"Tlog\0" and "Tdomain.com-log\0" and adjusting queue_extralen
appropriately. The latter simply causes qmail to deliver to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in the logfiles. The
former would probably work for copying to a normal user's mailbox, but
that doesn't allow the filtering method described at
http://www.ornl.gov/lists/mailing-lists/qmail/2000/12/msg00814.html

I've tried various other methods, including running vdelivermail from a
.qmail file in /var/qmail/alias. The closest I've come is using a
.qmail-log file in /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/ to copy to another
user and getting 2 copies, instead of just one. Worst case, everyone
sending e-mail to this domain starts getting messages about their e-mail
looping.

For more of what I've tried, see my message from Tuesday titled
"Vpopmail and message logging?".

Any other suggestions?

TIA,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.