Hi folks!

Thanks for all your help. But I am still having the problem. I've made 
the following test: 

1. Created a domain foo.com on 'smtp01'. Vpopmail auth works. 
2. Removed all entries of foo.com on /var/qmail/users/assign 
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains. It still works. 
3. Removed the /var/vpopmail/domains/foo.com directory. Not working. 
4. Re-create the directory. Works again. 

Question: Does vchkpw checks for ~vpopmail/domains structure to validate 
the login?

My vpopmail setup:

env LIBS="-lz" \
./configure \
--enable-roaming-users=y \
--enable-relay-clear-minutes=120 \
--enable-mysql=y \
--enable-valias=n \
--enable-many-domains=y \
--enable-defaultquota=52428800 \
--enable-clear-passwd=n \
--enable-tcpserver-file=/var/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp  \


Hélio Rubens Kamogawa
Central Server
+55 41 324-1993

> The only thing you need to do to be able to authenticate is to make
> sure vchkpw is running as either root or the vpopmail user.  Also
> make sure smtp01 has the proper permissions for the users in
> smtp01:~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql.
> The problem I ran into was people trying to SMTP-AUTH with domain
> aliases instead of the "real" domains.  To fix that, I just
> configured vpopmail on "smtp01" with:
>   --enable-qmaildir=/usr/local/vpopmail/qmail
>   --enable-qmail-newu=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-newu
>   --enable-qmail-inject=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
>   --enable-qmail-newmrh=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-newmrh
> Then I setup a cron job to rsync mail01:/var/qmail/users/ to
> smtp01:/usr/local/vpopmail/qmail/users/ every 15 minutes.  It all
> works great now.
> These domain aliases should really be in the db, too..  I'll get to
> that later.


Reply via email to