> you run your ./configure once... with the
> --enable-roaming-users=y option, then make the binaries using 'make'

Ok Jeremy, thanks for your help. I've created two binaries, like your
suggestions.
Now I've to install a pop3d-ssl daemon, I think Courier-Imap pop3ds
(correct?)
I'm trying to compile that, but I've a problem:

$ ./configure --with-piddir=/var/run
$ gmake (I've an OpenBSD system, but make it's the same)
<...>
ld: -lvpopmail: no match
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [authvchkpw] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/src/courier-imap-2.2.1/authlib'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/src/courier-imap-2.2.1/authlib'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Mmm ... Where is my mistake?

I've posted my question here, because