Ok, my previous emails have been assuming that the patch was applied,
however by "diffing" the old qmail-smtpd and the new qmail-smtpd and finding
zero binary differences, I figured out that my previous patch had been
failing due to an earlier patch moving lines around in qmail-smtpd.c.  So, I
stripped it back to just vanilla qmail-1.03, plus the patch, just to see
where I could get, and this is whats up:

I've been having some trouble applying the qmail-smtpd-chkusr patch to
qmail-1.03.  I'm on a RedHat 6.2 system, and I tried to make it as simple as
possible.  Below are what I hope are the relevant information for figuring
out what's wrong.

I'm using the regular-patch from this page:

Any suggestions would be great.


Russell Mann

Commands I use to unpack, patch, and compile.
tar -xzpf qmail-1.03.tar.gz
cp qmail-smtpd-chkusr-1.0.patch qmail-1.03
cd qmail-1.03
patch qmail-smtpd.c qmail-smtpd-chkusr-1.0.patch

last few lines of compile output
./compile qmail-smtpd.c
qmail-smtpd.c: In function `realrcpt_check':
qmail-smtpd.c:346: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
qmail-smtpd.c: In function `main':
qmail-smtpd.c:637: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
./load qmail-smtpd rcpthosts.o commands.o timeoutread.o \
timeoutwrite.o ip.o ipme.o ipalloc.o control.o constmap.o \
received.o date822fmt.o now.o qmail.o cdb.a fd.a wait.a \
datetime.a getln.a open.a sig.a case.a env.a stralloc.a \
alloc.a substdio.a error.a str.a fs.a auto_qmail.o  `cat \
qmail-smtpd.o: In function `realrcpt_check':
qmail-smtpd.o(.text+0x803): undefined reference to `default_domain'
qmail-smtpd.o(.text+0x87a): undefined reference to `vget_assign'
qmail-smtpd.o(.text+0x957): undefined reference to `vauth_getpw'
qmail-smtpd.o(.text+0x987): undefined reference to `valias_select'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [qmail-smtpd] Error 1

Patch Edited:
> #include <pwd.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <dirent.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include "open.h"
> #include "/home/vpopmail/include/vpopmail.h"
> #include "/home/vpopmail/include/vauth.h"
> #include "/home/vpopmail/include/vpopmail_config.h"
Patch Edited Again:
> /* Check if domain is a real domain */
> /* Let's get domain's real path */
[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmail-1.03]# l /home/vpopmail/include/
total 24k
-r--r--r--   1 vpopmail vchkpw       3.6k Oct  2 09:45 config.h
-r--r--r--   1 vpopmail vchkpw       3.7k Oct  2 09:45 vauth.h
-r--r--r--   1 vpopmail vchkpw       1.8k Oct  2 09:45 vlimits.h
-r--r--r--   1 vpopmail vchkpw       5.8k Oct  2 09:45 vpopmail.h
-r--r--r--   1 vpopmail vchkpw       3.6k Oct  2 09:45 vpopmail_config.h

[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmail-1.03]# more qmail-smtpd.c
 * Patch 'qmail-smtpd-chkusr' v.1.0
 * for qmail 1.03 and vpopmail 5.3.3
 * Antonio Nati [EMAIL PROTECTED]

/* Lots of includes here, edited for brevity /*

#include <pwd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <dirent.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#include "open.h"
#include "/home/vpopmail/include/vpopmail.h"
#include "/home/vpopmail/include/vauth.h"
#include "/home/vpopmail/include/vpopmail_config.h"


Reply via email to