I have a Debian (Woody) system and it is running shadow passwords.  I have
qmail installed and woking just fine.  I did a basic install (no config
options) for vpopmail.  Everything installed fin but when I change my
/etc/inetd.conf file to this "pop3 stream tcp nowait root
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup qmail-popup email.byesville.net
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir" (all one line)
I cannot authenticate any users on the system popping  mail or loggin gon to
a webbased email system.  What am I missing on the install for vpopmail.  I
shouldn't have to create a virtual domain for my local system and it should
authenticate properly like before.  Please corrrect me if I am wrong.  I
have created a virtual domain and two users on that domain and it still
doesn't work.

  What does this mean when I try and login:

email:/etc# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup qmail-popup email.byesville.net
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
+OK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
user bswest
+OK
pass ******
-ERR authorization failed
email:/etc#

password is correct and user does exist on the system and is a virtual user
as well.

   Brad West
   Custom Technical Services
   740-439-5055