Hello.

<URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./qmail/#realrcptto>

I have tried this on a basic qmail installation, and it works fine.
Basically, it holds the SMTP open whilst it checks if the user or .qmail
control files exists.  If not, it gives a:
550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
and closes the SMTP connection.

Looking at the vpopmail directories, I had a .qmail-default with the bounce no
mailbox so I renamed this and created Two control files   .qmail-marrandy and
.qmail-martin with delivery instructions for the Two users.  I get deliveries
to these accounts but qmail/vpopmail still takes delivery of bogus usernames
and then bounces them later.

I am obviously missing something, but despite checking around, can't see why
it isn't working.

Any clues please.

Regards...Martin
--
Always borrow money from a pessimist; he doesn't expect to be paid back.