On 27 Jan 2004 11:57:01 -0800
Tom Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm seeing a number of emails like [EMAIL PROTECTED] coming in to my
> server. They are from different users. Since the local user doesn't
> exist, qmail is attempting to bounce the message back to the sender.
> Most of these are failing, the messages are obviously spam.
>
> I'm running vpopmail on the domains in question. Is there any way to
> configure vpopmail or qmail to reject email if the local address
> doesn't exist, or to silently trash the email?

You can delete them pretty easily if you create a "catchall" account and
then tell it to delete all e-mail delivered to that account. Something
like "junk" or "spamtrap" is usually a good name for the catchall
account, if you're making it strictly to dump all mail coming to users
that don't exist. Make sure you don't have any valid e-mail going to
that catchall before you start deleting them though.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Where do you want to go today? Don't ask Microsoft for directions.