Upon further testing and trial and error, I have discovered that this
problem occurs no matter what my configuration, even when I remove
maildrop and qmail-scanner. Do aliases not work in 5.4.x yet, or am I
missing something here?
> Hello all,
> I've search high, low, and in the between places, but haven't been able to
> get any help for my present problem at all. But I suppose I should provide
> some background first.
> I am running qmail 1.03-r13, qmail-scanner 1.16-r2, SpamAssassin 2.62,
> maildrop 1.5.3, f-prot 4.3.2, and vpopmail 5.4.0-rc1, all on a Gentoo
> server installation. My installation is very very similar (with a few
> minor exceptions) to this guide's
> (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=111817). For the most part,
> everything is working as intended, but I do have one very large, prominent
> glitch. My aliases are not working.
> The log files have been less then helpful in showing me where the problem
> is, but from what I can see, so far, I gather things are going something
> like this:
> * qmail accepts mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * qmail acknowledges [EMAIL PROTECTED] as an alias for
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * qmail sends the mail to qmail-scanner, which scans the mail
> appropriately, and sends it into the queue.
> * qmail-queue happily informs me that the mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> could not be delivered because the maildir for user_alias does not exist,
> despite the fact that it already told me it knows this mail should go to
> I'm not really sure where things are going wrong here, it almost appears
> like somewhere in the chain it is 'forgetting' that [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> is an alias for real_user... In fact, I half suspect that qmail-scanner is
> at fault, but have no way to verify this. If anyone can point me at any
> relevant information, I'd be ecstatic.
> Kirk Smith
> the Illiji network