El mar, 03-02-2004 a las 07:46, -0700, Tom Collins escribi:
> On Feb 3, 2004, at 5:59 AM, Alejandro Ortega Pez wrote:
> >  I've just updated my vpopmail to new 5.4.0. I always install every
> > new version you release.
> >  But from 25.4.0-preX" I have noticed authentication with cram-md5
> > passwords fails.
> >  I hoped that installing the fresh stable 5.4.0 all this issue would
> > leave apart, but it still continue.
>
> 5.4.0 ChangeLog:
>
>          Tom Collins
> IF USING SMTP AUTH PATCH TO QMAIL-SMTPD
>
>    * This release of vpopmail includes fixes for vchkpw that may break
>      certain SMTP AUTH implementations.  If SMTP AUTH fails after
>      installing vpopmail 5.4.x, you may need to use the
>      qmail-smtpd-auth-0.4.2 patch included in the contrib directory.
>
>    * If you do switch to the 0.4.2 SMTP AUTH patch, you may need to
> update
>      your qmail-smtpd run file (the first parameter to qmail-smtpd should
>      now be the path to vchkpw and not the hostname).
Oh, oh... thank you... indeed.

I always update my vpopmail with so a complete safety, than I never read
README, CHANGELOG or more files like these.
Very sorry for this.

Well, but... I have applied again auth patch and now it's impossible to
get that qmail remakes right. Errors and more errors are the only thing
I get. I used before this patch (and many others that it's used to be
usual to install), and I don't know whether qmail code is a mere mess of
patches now.

So I'm not a programmer or a code hacker, I will have to resign myself
to use vpopmail 5.4.0pre2 version... Moreover there is a thing you said
that disappoints me: "[...] the first parameter to qmail-smtpd should
now be the path to vchkpw and not the hostname". What's does it mean?
Must I write the "run" command this way: "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw myhost.com /bin/true 2>&1"?

I pledge your pardon for my every time more forgotten English. And of
course, I repeat my thanks, Tom.

Alejandro Ortega