Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

that could only be done in tcpserver by rate limiting connections by IP
address, and would also affect legitimate connections made by valid
users using proper authentication credentials.  I'd be mighty upset if
anyone rate limited my pop3 connections ;)

Of course, special provisions could be made, but

I don't want it at the pop3, I want it on smtpd. Spammers are hammering my server, sending messages to lots of domains that I'm hosting. If I could set a limit like 5 simultaneously connections for each IP address, no one would be able to use all my "slots".

                Eduardo M. Bragatto.