On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 08:52, Tom Collins wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2004, at 10:51 PM, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> > it appears that cram-md5 smtp auth with vpopmail-mysql isn't working.
> > recall a patch from before that fixed smtp auth with vpopmail, was that
> > specific to cdb storage?
> Which patch are you using?  Is qmail-smtpd running as user vpopmail (or
> root)?  Since qmail-smtpd calls vchkpw to authenticate the user, it
> should work
> I have not had any reports of problems with the
> qmail-smtpd-auth-0.4.2.tar.gz patch included in the contrib directory
> of vpopmail 5.4.0.  Older versions of this patch will not work, as they
> didn't correctly implement the chkpasswd interface (and neither did
> vchkpw).  We fixed vchkpw for 5.4.0, but you may need to update your
> qmail-smptd to get CRAM-MD5 working again.

yes, using that patch, and vpopmail 5.4.0.  qmail-smtpd is running as
vpopmail user (it wouldn't be able to read the vpomail.mysql file if it
wasn't, as I discovered ;)

normal smtp auth works fine, cram doesn't....  not major, would be
really nice to have it, but it's not life or death.

Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator
Kitchen @ #qmail on EFNet - Join the party!
Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.