On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 09:11, Martin Sarajervi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to convert from a normal vpopmail setup to a mysql setup.
> I have been looking at the vconvert program but both the manpage and the
> docs are poor.
>
> I run it with:
> ./vconvert -c -m
> and it says "converting .... done" on all my domains.
>
> but where is the mysqldump? How am I suppoed to put it into the db?

there isn't one, it loads them right into the database.

> The docs says:
> "Most current vpopmail users would probably be interested in how to convert
> current domains into mysql domains. To make it simple to convert an entire
> machine to mysql, use the following command: vconvert -c -s This will go
> through all the domains in ~vpopmail/domains directory and read each vpasswd
> file and load the contents into the vpopmail.vpopmail mysql table."

see? :)

> But where do I specify the passord for the database??

older versions of vpopmail it was hard compiled using vmysql.h
newer versions (including 5.4.x) use ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql

> I am moving this setup to another server and converting it to mysql.
>
> I also already have a vpopmail setup running on yet another server with
> mysql, how will merging these two installs work out? Problems?

you can do one of two things, and I've done them both so I know they
work.  You can use vconvert -m -c on the old machine, move the data
over, and vconvert -c -m on the new machine, or, if you have nothing
else but information for vpopmail on the mysql database, you can stop
mysql, tar up the databases, copy them over, and start mysql up on the
new server.  If you're using different versions of mysql this may not
work, and make sure that before you touch the databases you stop mysql
entirely.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen