http://scriptkitchen.com/godkills.jpg <-- please think of the kittens.

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 18:13, Juliano Primavesi - CyberWeb Networks
wrote:

> Juliano
>
> Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 18:00, Juliano Primavesi - CyberWeb Networks
> > wrote:
> > > Some clients are getting '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of
> > > allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)'. If a customer get his email on POP, wait
> > > some minutes and then try to send emails by SMTP (server 2), its send
> > > the message without error.

> But if I run BOTH POP and SMTP outgoing in the same server, this error
> does not occur. :)

my bad, I didn't realize you had multiple servers involved.

the problem is that when you pop it rebuilds the database on the same
server.

To get around this I would suggest using Bruce Guenter's relay-ctrl
package (http://untroubled.org/relay-ctrl)

It has udp based setup, as well as a filesystem based setup that is safe
to use over NFS (at least, I haven't had any problems yet, and it's
under some pretty heavy load)

You can also always put the tcp.cdb.smtp file on an NFS volume, however
the rebuilding process is not very reliable or safe over nfs, which is
why I suggest using relay-ctrl.

-Jeremy
--
Jeremy Kitchen