Sorry about the redundant post, but I just subscribed to the list and I
couldn't reach the archives.  I didn't even think to read the UPGRADE doc
or look in the contrib.

Anyway, this did the trick, beside the fact that the CRAM-MD5
authenticates against the clear text password and the particular client
that is asking for this has requested clear passwords disabled.  Oh Well.

Thanks a lot for the help!

--
Jared