> I remember reading from the proftpd forum
> that a vpopmail+proftpd enthusiast was using
> his own defined mysql table to authenticate
> both vpopmail and proftpd users. Is it
> possible to do this without changing the
> source code? (I am not overly happy about
> changing source since the vpopmail
> installation will be updated with time).

In proftpd.conf: (example on proftpd 1.2.9)

        SQLAuthenticate users
        SQLAuthTypes    Plaintext
        SQLConnectInfo  [EMAIL PROTECTED] dbuser dbpasswd
        SQLUserInfo     domain_tld pw_name pw_clear_passwd NULL NULL pw_home
NULL

or

        SQLAuthenticate users
        SQLAuthTypes    Crypt
        SQLConnectInfo  [EMAIL PROTECTED] dbuser dbpasswd
        SQLUserInfo     domain_tld pw_name pw_passwd NULL NULL pw_home NULL

Solt