On Mar 6, 2004, at 4:45 AM, Andreas Wiesmann wrote:
i did the upgrade to 5.4.0 and unfortunately it did not help. If I use the maildrop script and have a .qmail file with a forward mailaddress the e-mail disappears. See logs and my original posting below.

Does it work properly without maildrop? I don't use or know much about maildrop, but I do know that vdelivermail should work in its native configuration.

thanks for your help tom!

yes it works if | /mailboxen/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox" is in the .qmail-default. that is what I dont understand. The interesting thing is that it really parses the .qmail file if called from within maildrop but fails to send the message. I was wondering if there is a restriction of some kind if I call velivermail from maildrop instead of .qmail-default... if it turns out to be an interaction thing between maildrop and vpopmail it could turn out tricky to find help and an answer ;). I dont know if many people from the sqwebmail (uses maildrop for its filtering) or maildrop community read this list or maybe I should give it a try there.