Forget squirrel-mail for the moment. When users of IMAP email clients like Outlook and Outlook Express setup their accounts on those programs we want them to only have to enter their email name and NOT their full email address as their account names. When IP-Domain mapping is enabled in vpopmail this works properly when configuring these clients for POP3 but not for IMAP. I'm asking if anyone knows if the vpopmail authentication method that works with IP-domain mapping carries through to courier-imap.

I am asking the question here because courier-imap seems to be relying on the vchkpw authentication module.

At 03:33 PM 3/6/2004, you wrote:
On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 13:16, Jeff Koch wrote:
> Is there a way to get vpopmail's IP-domain mapping to work with
> courier-imap and IMAP clients?
>
> We're trying to use squirrel-mail/courier-imap and all the rest. IP-domain
> mapping is working fine with POP3 clients but not IMAP.

well, more than likely squirrelmail is only going to be connecting to
one IP address, so IP mapping through courier-imap isn't the way to go
there.

Can you see if IP mapping is working directly with courier-imap by using
an MUA?  I think the problem in this case is your thinking, and not
courier-imap.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen