Yes if you use vpopmail + the chkusr patch, you can prevent those messages from ever reaching the queue of your mail server. Im not familiair with a qmail + Checkpassword with the MySQL patch setup, so you may need to recompile qmail to get it all working nicely. See a few of the howto documents like

just to name 2 of the many howto's that are out there.

Shane

From: Chris Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 8 March 2004 4:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] Have I screwed myself?

Simple question: Have I screwed myself, and is it going to be possible to setup true multi domain hosting coming from what I have?

My current setup is qmail + Checkpassword with the MySQL patch (from http://iain.cx/qmail/mysql/). It works great, but there is a major flaw with it. Let’s say I setup an account to be [EMAIL PROTECTED] and another at [EMAIL PROTECTED]. If I send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], it will get to their mailbox. It should bounce, but it does not – that is BAD. By using vchkpw, would that solve my problem? But how do I go about moving my current accounts in MySQL to work with the new schema of vchkpw? Also, is moving to vchkpw going to break my SMTP AUTH patch that I also use?

Thanks,

Chris Miller

Compuville
www.compuville.net