Shane Chrisp wrote:

xxxx:/home/vpopmail/bin # ./vadddomain miodominio.com
Please enter password for postmaster:
enter password again:
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
Error. Failed while attempting to add domain to auth backend
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[e]: MySQL server has gone away
Failed while attempting to delete domain from dir_control
Error: no auth connection

can you help me???

Your problem is to do with the authentication of the MySQL user your using for vpopmail. Check that the user is able to login from the ip address of the machine your running it on.

You may also have a buggy version of mysql which has a problem doing dns resolution of the clients. I know I got caught with
that problem on a Redhat machine a while back. You can fix that
problem by adding the systems into the hosts file though.

Shane

/etc/hosts file: ... 127.0.0.1 localhost ...

the user vpopmail can connect to db from localhost

I modified the vpopmail.mysql from

localhost|3306|vpopmail656e369a18870c9f|vpopmail

127.0.0.1|3306|vpopmail656e369a18870c9f|vpopmail

but the problem remain

signo