Here’s what I get when I try to add a domain:

[/var/vpopmail/bin]# ./vadddomain test.com

Please enter password for postmaster:

enter password again:

vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away

vmysql: sql error[2]: MySQL server has gone away

Failed while attempting to add user to auth backend

Error: (vadduser) no auth connection

[/var/vpopmail/etc]# cat vpopmail.mysql

localhost|0|vpopmail|*******|vpopmail

My password has odd characters in it, specifically the “+” character. Could that cause anything to break?

I have tried connecting manually with the username/password in that file, and I can get in fine.

Thanks,

Chris Miller

Compuville
www.compuville.net