Iavor Raytchev wrote:

<snip interesting request about vpopmail admin server>

Ok... here is what i do...i take a Python based soap server with https. I use python's facilities
to execute all the vpopmail/bin commands from a shell.

How insecure is it? Well, if someone broks your webserver, and you are carefull,
they will certaintly gain root to the mail server.

Advantages of this php extension:
Lets build a soap server from php executable from php-cgi. We will need to implement http in php
Disadvantages of this php extension
Lets build a soap server from php executable from php-cgi. We will need to implement http in php

So, maybe if we can find a reputable http server built on php for this kind of thing we can slap soapy (or an xml-rpc lib) on it
and we would have a pretty scary box, driveable from any webservice client.