----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Matrafajlo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> hey List,
> I'm trying to compile courier imap and keep receiving an error :
> Compiling authvchkpw.c
> In file included from authvchkpw.c:21:
> vpopmail_config.h:1:48: /var/qmail/vpopmail/include/config.h: No such
> file or directory

This can happen if you are compiling courier-imap not as root

This is because courier-imap recommends you dont compile as root, but if you
try that, you cant access the vpopmail.h etc files, because they are often
owned by vchkpw and dont have permissions for other users to access

So better off to compile courier-imap as root, and use the configure
option --disable-root-check

I have some example steps online here :
http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/webmail-server.htm#COURIER_IMAP

Michael.