This question, as asked, shows no sign of having anything to do with vpopmail,
and probably belongs on the qmail mailing list.

That being said:

On Monday 26 April 2004 08:42 am, Chris Miller wrote:
> Now I've got another problem with SMTP. When I try to connect, it takes
> FOREVER to send the welcome message. Go ahead and telnet into
> on port 25 and issue a HELO, and you'll see what I mean.
> Just give it a few minutes before you do anything and you'll see. After the
> initial wait, things are fine, but that first part takes forever. I thought
> that it could be something with DNS, but everything seems fine with DNS.
> The hostname and reverse DNS entries for the box are in there, and the DNS
> servers on the server are set correctly so it should be able to resolve
> it's self pretty quickly (the DNS server it uses is on the local box, as is
> the zone for the domain).

Without more information there's no way anyone can even begin to help you with

> Any idea??

plenty, but I'm not about to go through and list each and every one of them.

Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator
Kitchen @ #qmail on EFNet - Join the party!
Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.