On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:55, David wrote:
> I agree, chkuser patch works with mysql, or cdb, depending how vpopmail
> was compiled. The patch calls vauth_getpw vpopmail function, and
> depending how vpopmail was compiled that function looks inside cdb or
> mysql.

Is there a huge difference between the chkusr patch and the goodrcptto
patch?  They basically do the same thing, right?

> Here's what I use so maildrop is used.
> my .qmail-default is:
> #| /Appz2/VPopMail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
> |/usr/bin/maildrop -w 90

I just applied the above and I'm much happier now...  Now I just need a
decent reference manual for maildrop so I can make it do what I want
to...  doesn't look that hard, but I'm not sure how to manipulate

> The patch seeks for "bounce-no-mailbox" is in .qmail-default, and not a
> catch-all account. So though to first line is commented out, doing
> nothing, is enough for the patch to work.
> Later, when the maildrop line is executed, you may use your spamassassin
> code inside maildroprc, just like I suppose you're doing right now.
> Viewing the patch source code is easy to understand how it works.
> I know, not an elegant solution, but an easy one.

Yeah, I looked at the source where the bounce-no-mailbox code is...
Simple enough :)

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."