Hello Jean,

On Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 2:31:26 PM you wrote (at least in part):

>>> Is it possible to convert all "old" passwords from the old format
>>> (MD5-disabled crypt()) to the new format?
>> If you have plain passwords enabled: yes. (..)
> Unfortunately this isn't my case. :(
> I guess it's not possible then, right?

Right. The passwords are "non recoverable" and therefore you can't
convert them into a state that enables you to "reencrypt" using MD5.
Send an e-mail to all affected accounts and please them to change the
password for their own safety using qmailadmin (or whatever front end
you have set up).
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

There are never enough hours in a day,  but always too many days
before Saturday.