tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
I'll ask, nextly, to join the development group and develop a robust subset of calls solving this problem (for all, not only for chkuser).

Help on vpopmail would be welcome, at least by me, [1] but creating another set of calls is not a good way to handle this problem. As I recall, a major part of your complaint was that you could not tell the difference between not being able to open the database and getting a no answer back from that database. I have already corrected that problem by providing a vauth_open() in every back end. Any program can now verify access to the back end, and most of the ones in ~/vpopmail/bin already do. (This is only in CVS so far. A dev release is in the works...)

Please sign up to the SourceFORGE vpopmail list to continue this discussion...