I recently moved from a system account based setup to vpopmail for my
primary domain. I'm in the practice of keeping system accounts limited to 8
characters.

Questions:
1 - Since I'm now using vpopmail (no system accounts), are there any
vpopmail gotchas in allowing longer usernames? Granted,
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" may be a bit extravagant, but is it bad
practice in any way?.

2- Is it possible to set a max char. length limit for vpopmail accounts?
Would this be better implemented/enforced with frontend scripting to check
the lengh before even calling 'vadduser'?

Christian