I'm using vpopmail-5.2.1 with MySQL. I would like to use the vpopmail table to provide authentication for Courier-IMAP's MySQL module.

Courier-IMAP supports a MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD field, which it states "must be crypt-ed using the operating system's crypt function, NOT MySQL's crypt function." What type of crypt does vpopmail use for it's vchkpw user passwords? In the database, the passwords are stored in the pw_passwd column as 14-characters.

courier-imap also supports a custom query for authentication via MySQL as well, but have not gotten that far.

I would have preferred to the courier-imap's vchkpw module, but am having trouble compiling it.

Thank you.