We run eight qmail servers with one main server that stores the client data
and acts as the main mysql server. We have a backup server to the main
server that replicates the mysql DBs. The six additional qmail servers
connect to these servers as the mysql server. The primary mysql server
performs all queries that make changes to the DBs and the backup server
executes all select queries. I am wondering if we are better off replicating
the mysql DBs to each qmail server (six of them) and performing the sql
select queries locally rather than over the network.

We are in the process of upgrading all our qmail servers to Intel gigabit
network cards.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
Brian