On Friday 25 June 2004 09:10 am, Nick Harring wrote:
> I must agree with Jeremy, with one small caveat. Absolutely do not
> attempt this with the MySQL 3.23.x branch. When replication breaks (in
> my 6 server setup it breaks about once a month on one server, so not bad
> at all), the ability to execute "load data from master; start slave;" is
> very, very worth while.

I've never gotten that to work anyways.  I bounce the master server a few
times, clear out some binlogs and then tar up the mysql directory and copy it
over ... *shrug* :)

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail